When healthcare entities are ready to explore new opportunities, they look to OMW to provide sound legal advice and to deliver solutions which are practical and bring value to their businesses. Our healthcare attorneys work as an integrated team with other members of the firm to achieve our clients’ goals in an efficient manner.
Our healthcare mergers and acquisitions team includes lawyers who have deep expertise and extensive experience in the issues that often arise in complex transactions—including corporate, tax, information technology, labor and employment, licensing and accreditation, real estate, reimbursement, and fraud and abuse matters. As a result, we are able to offer our clients the ability to engage one firm to assist them with all aspects of their transactions – from evaluating strategic partners, developing deal structures, and conducting due diligence, to negotiating transaction documents, managing risks and navigating regulatory issues to ensure the timely completion of each transaction.
Our M&A work includes:
- Representing buyers and sellers of all types of health care providers, health plans, insurance companies, managed care organizations and related business organizations.
- Representing hospitals, public hospital districts, physician practices, and physician practice management companies in physician practice acquisitions.
- Representing hospitals, physician-owned organizations and physician groups in joint ventures, ACOs, clinically integrated network (CIN) development and similar hospital/physician alignment transactions.
- Formation of health care joint ventures, including joint venture hospitals, home health agencies, nursing homes, and ambulatory surgical centers.
- Medical office building acquisitions.
Our M&A services include:
- Analyzing market position and developing merger strategy.
- Advising board and executive leadership teams.
- Performing due diligence.
- Handling WA State Attorney General and WA Department of Health filings and hearings and similar regulatory approval processes.
- Negotiating deal structures and transaction documents.
- Managing transaction process from start to finish.
- Advising on state and healthcare licensing issues.
- Identifying and providing counsel to mitigate potential risks.
- Developing operational frameworks
Our healthcare clients trust us to help them explore new opportunities and to find solutions which are strategic and practical.